Saturday, March 29, 2014

Short but Sweet Visit



I GOT TO SEE MY FAMILY!!! It was a very short visit, with them being here just over 24 hours, but  I got to see them. Twelve weeks is a very long time to go without seeing my family and I can't wait until May when I get to spend a couple of weeks with them. They came in town Thursday evening and I finally got to see them after my evening class. We headed to Gulf Shores to spend time with my grandparents and have brunch with them the next morning. Friday mid day we headed back to Mobile and of course a stop at Burris's Farm Market was necessary. Friday evening we had dinner plans with my grandma, great ma, aunts, uncles, and cousins and of course my "sister" had to come to! Stephanie has been adopted into my family as my sister since I have four brothers. She has traveled on many family vacations with me and was apart of My mom and Mr. Joe's wedding. I don't think I could have survived without her there. She was awesome and I was so happy to have a partner in crime and friend there with me. I am so thankful for a friend like Stephanie! School has us crazy busy, but when we have the chance to talk and catch up we pick up right where we left off and don't stop. I can't wait until we take trips to the lake this summer.

School has been rather busy and as always I don't know how to say such a simple, two letter word: No. This got me in trouble this past week as I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off. But I am so blessed with all the opportunities I have been given. 

Here are some pictures from this weekend and the last few weeks. 


Beach day at Pensacola Beach last weekend

Peg Leg Pete's after a beautiful day not the beach.

  My Sister! So glad to see her!!     

     Some pretty awesome cousins, Lauren and Katherine

My AMAZING mom that I was thrilled to see!!

Mom and Mr. Joe with their two daughters :)

I miss my family already and they have only been gone for twelve hours. They were headed to Auburn this morning for a college tour with Tyler and to see Ryan and Christina. I wish I was able to go with them, but I needed to stay back and get some homework done. Can't wait to see them all this summer. 

I can't believe that next weekend I will be diagnosed with Crohn's Disease for two years. I'll write a separate post about that next weekend. I still live with Crohn's and it affects my daily life, but I have been so fortunate to live as normal of a life as possible. The ultimate goal is remission and I believe that I am on the correct path that way. 

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment