Tuesday, July 8, 2014

My Blessing in Disguise


As a friend and I were talking last night we talked about how the Lord has used Crohn's Disease as a Blessing in Disguise in my life. Yes, Crohn's has its ups and downs, but as I continue on this journey I continue to see how The Lord has used it in many different ways for myself and for others. I am continually amazed as He reveals Himself in my life, even through the tough situations. 

I was diagnosed during my Freshman year in college. I had made new friends the beginning of fall semester and was enjoy college. By the time Spring semester came around, I began to get very sick. I was hard for me to keep up with all the things my friends were doing. I did my best to hang out with them, but wasn't able to do nearly all they were able to do. The night before my colonoscopy, and ultimately the night before I was diagnosed with Crohn's, my very sweet friends and sisters in Christ brought me a card, journal, and prayed with me. Little did all three of us realize that life was about to drastically change for me. The thing I reminded myself of is that none of this took God by surprise! Although I had just met these sweet friends a few months before, they have stuck by me through every step of Crohn's Disease. There were many months where I couldn't do much, but they continued to pray for me and encourage me. Can I please say that I have some of the world's greatest friends? From the many tears we have shared, calls and texts made, encouraging words exchanged, prayer time, visits to the infusion center, and accompanying me to doctor's appointments, I am reminded of how truly blessed I am. No words could ever express how thankful I am for the friends the Lord has placed in my life. 

Truly blessed by and thankful for my sisters in Christ


Two very sweet friends

I went into flare a few weeks ago due to stress and am starting to wean back off of my steroids. I am not fond of steroids, but I also know that in times of flare, they are the only thing that can help me to bounce back. As I continue to wean off of steroids and prepare for my next infusion treatment, I continue to rely on God for strength. Both infusions and flares are hard for me, but I also know that with Christ I can walk through anything. When we trust in Him, God won't give us more than we can handle with His help. We can't do things on our own, but He is ready to help, if we will place our trust in Him and rely on Him for strength. 


This summer is flying by for sure! I got a chance to visit my family at Nolin Lake in Kentucky and see my extended family for July 4th at the beach. I can't believe that I only have two more weeks before my summer class is over. After summer class ends I have a few weeks to enjoy before Fall semester begins. I'm sad that summer is flying by, but excited to see what the Fall semester brings. 

 Road trip time!

Love this sweet cousin!


God painted a beautiful picture!

One of my favorite pics from the lake weekend

Another picture of God's masterpiece 

We momentarily got three of us in the hammock. 

Tyler won't be riding with us anymore... He is scared we will sending him flying

At least we didn't roll the Jet Ski this time...


 Stephanie, Emily, and I had a blast on the tube

A little fun on the tube with mom and Leah

"This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

No comments:

Post a Comment