Saturday, May 3, 2014

A Pep in My Step and A Smile on My Face Because God is Good ALL the Time


"A Pep in My Step and A Smile on My Face Because God is Good ALL the Time!!" This has been my motto the past few weeks as school has come to a close for the semester. I am allowing myself to take a quick study break and catch up on a little bit of blogging. These past few weeks have been super busy, but the good news is that I only have ONE final to go!!!

One thing that I have really had to remind myself of recently is that I have been truly blessed with the opportunity to go to school. It can be so easy to focus on how difficult it is or how much work there is to do, but I have really tried to focus on the fact that The Lord has me in this place right now and wants to use me. He has me here in Mobile, at school at The University of South Alabama for a reason and if I am focusing my efforts on complaining about school all the time I am not being grateful for the blessing I have been given and more importantly I am not showing Christ in my attitude and looking for opportunities to show His love to others. He has given me this opportunity and blessing to attend school, now I need to be grateful and have joy. Having joy this week has made finals a bit more bearable, because not only do I have the joy of the Lord, but I also know that He will give me the strength to carry through. His promises carry me through each and everyday because He has given me a new life!  I have been given some pretty amazing sisters in Christ and we have encouraged each other in having a positive attitude about school the past few weeks. The Lord knew we each needed each other during our college years and beyond. I am so thankful for these sisters in Christ and sweet friends! 


"The Lord gives His people strength; the Lord blesses His people with peace." Psalms 29:11

To Catch Up a Bit...

The weekend before Easter I took a short girls trip to the beach for a very much needed getaway. I had been sick with the sinus crud the week leading up to our planned getaway and was unable to get my infusion. I was a little disappointed, but my friends always know how to encourage me! We left Friday evening and stayed until Saturday night. It was back to the homework grind on Sunday after church. Jessica, Frankie, Kaley, Jordan and I enjoyed tons of laughter, Phase 10, lots of eating, and a beautiful day on the beach. We soaked up the sun, fell asleep on the beach, went for a boat ride, and did a whole lot of catching up!
That Friday I volunteered with NSCS at Covenant's Field Day. It was a blast and I even got to see my cousin. 











I went in bright and early on Monday morning to receive my infusion. Sweet Jessica and Frankie met me at the hospital to pray with me and encourage me as I got my medicine. Unfortunately the infusion was delayed until Tuesday. I was now a week late on my infusion, but the Lord carried me through and provided the strength for me to push on. I know that no matter what happens, He is in control and I trust that His plans for me are so much greater than my own. Although I felt run down, I was excited about Easter weekend in Enterprise with my sweet friends. 


Jessica invited Frankie and I both to go home with her for Easter weekend since our families are both so far away. We headed up on Friday and attended Good Friday service at Jessica's home church. Saturday we slept in, shopped, and prepared some food for Easter meal the next day. I really enjoyed Easter sunday at Jessica's home church: Open Door Baptist in Enterprise. It was a beautiful Easter Sunday and very relaxing. The Easter bunny even came to visit us. You are never too old for the Easter bunny. :) It was time to get back down to business Sunday evening with homework and studying. We left very early Monday morning, but are so thankful for the extra time we got to stay in Enterprise and for the Wilson's being so willing to open their home to us and take wonderful care of us. 






That next week was super busy as I had a final exam, paper due, and officer transitions to head up. I made it through and all went well. I had to study, study, study last weekend as I had two finals, a presentation, and two papers this past week. I now only have one final exam to go for the semester. This past week was very very busy, but I daily reminded myself to do everything with a joyful heart. I remember bits and pieces of the craziness but now that it is the weekend I have taken a bit of a break for today. I cleaned (a little bit of OCD kicking in) and then watched some of my favorite kiddos. Can I please say that I babysit for the most amazing and wonderful families ever! The Lord has once again truly blessed me. This afternoon we played outside, got a snack from target, played outside some more, ventured to Cici's Pizza and Hobby Lobby, played in the hot tub, and watched a movie together. I enjoyed lots of laughter and giggles, goofing off, and sweet snuggles from these kids. I am so thankful for them and the blessing they truly are to me. They are constantly making me laugh from their silliness or smile from their sweetness. While I am home I will miss these three kids greatly. 



A nice study break at Ladies Night Out at Dauphin Way

A snap I sent the night ("early morning") I was almost done with my final project in a class

The "finals Fairy" came to visit and brought some treats to help give us a push to the end. 


This photo isn't the best, but I think it gives you a glimpse into the fun that we have. I love all three of them: Jackson, Tyler, and Abby Kate. Their family is a tremendous blessing to me. 


I can't wait to head home soon and see my family, but for now I am off to study and conquer one last final. 


"Rejoice always!

17 Pray constantly.
18 Give thanks in everything,
for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment